Wheelchair tennis is one of the forms of tennis adapted for wheelchair users. In wheelchair tennis as compared to pedestrian tennis, he size of the court, net height, rackets, are the same. The main differences are the athletes use specially designed wheelchairs, and the ball may bounce up to two times, where the second bounce may also occur outside the court.
Wheelchair Tennis Malaysia was estalished in 1998 as the Association to develop national and international athletes in competitive wheelchair tennis.
The athletes are from Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Perak,Negeri Sembilan,Melaka and Penang have competed and won medals at Asian and International levels
Riding on the success at the 2017 Para Asean Games, WTM established the Malaysian ITF Wheelchair Tennis Tour 2018 comprising of 5 stops across East & West Malaysia.
WTM will host more tournament events locally to encourage and enable larger participation especially among women and juniors (rom 13 years old and above_ in playing wheelchair tennis.
Members of the public to the Carnival 4 Inclusion 2018 to be held at the Tennis Court, Universiti Malaya Sports Centre will have the opportunity to play alongside para atheltes.
Be sure to come in your sports attire and have a game.
Event : Carnival 4 Inclusion 2018
Date: Sunday , December 9, 2018
Time: 8am to 4pm ( wheelchair tennis will start from 9am to 11.30am at the Tennis Court)
For enquiries or to register , call 03-78875747 or email email@example.com
– Labuan Open – historical and first ever stop and also the opening tournament – YouTube link to the news here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nB_md5v1Dk&feature=youtu.be
– KL Open – KL Open Future Series offers USD 3,000 prize money and is back to back with the Malaysia Open
– 19th Malaysia Open – this tournament is historical and momentous as we upgraded it from Future Series to ITF 3, snowballing the prize money from USD 3,000 up to USD 15,000 attracting some of the top and best from the region.
– 10 countries with over 60 foreign participants including the ranked top 30 in the world wheelchair tennis players from Korea.
– If possible we would really appreciate a mention of the sponsors we must thank and mentioned is as below so we can send them a copy of the magazine too.
– Sunway Putra Hotel – Official Hotel